CHILD EVANGELISM FELLOWSHIP OF EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA, INC. is an interdenominational group of God’s people bonded together in desire, determination, and divine commission to pray for and to reach children with the good news of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
In 1936, J. Irvin Overholtzer responded to God’s call to win boys and girls to Christ, thus establishing the ministry of Child Evangelism Fellowship. Mr. Overholtzer made the first contacts in Eastern Pennsylvania in 1937, and CEF was officially organized in Eastern Pennsylvania in 1938.
We thank the Lord for the 75-plus years of ministry CEF OF E PA, Inc has had to generations of boys and girls in our county through Good News Clubs, 5-Day Clubs, and camps.
- Founded by Mr. J. Irvin Overholtzer
- Officially organized in Eastern Pennsylvania in 1938
- Attorney Ronald Butler was retained in 1978 to represent CEF OF E PA, INC. with the Internal Revenue Service in order to obtain our own 501(c)(3) IRS status.
- In 1988 the State Board of CEF OF E PA, INC. voted unanimously to disaffiliate with CEF Inc. and become an independent CEF ministry.
- To evangelize children whom no one is reaching with the Gospel
- To train children in the Word of God
- To provide a systematic program of follow-up of children led to Christ
- To conduct Good News Clubs, Released-Time Classes, 5-Day Clubs, Open-Air Work,Rallies, Camps, Fair Ministries, and other activities
- To provide training for teachers who will be involved in CEF OF EASTERN PA, INC. and/or other children’s ministries
- To provide visual aids, teaching materials, and other literature
- To build up every Bible-teaching church and Sunday school
- To cooperate with every fundamental organization but to be completely independent of them.
The Financial Policy of CHILD EVANGELISM FELLOWSHIP OF EASTERN PA, INC. is to “ask God and tell His people.” All directors and other full-time workers should be willing to work on a faith basis of receiving a full or partial salary.
- Teachers, Helpers, Hostesses
- Correspondence Course Markers
- Prayer Partners
Our State Director is:
Miss Rita Lobdell
P.O. Box 4305
Harrisburg, PA 17111
Telephone: (717) 652-7542